Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Blog Tutor?

So, i've mainly used my blogging to keep in touch with my friends out of state so i don't feel like i'm so far away. It's been great to hear about the awesome things that go otherwise unsaid for one reason or another and to truly feel like i'm apart of their lives still. However, I wouldn't mind venturing off to read other's blogs and get others to read mine in return. Is there a blogging etequitte that i should know about? Is it ok to comment on other blogs or should you know who they are? Its not like i have anything noteworthy to say to the outside world, but frankly, I like attention and i wouldn't mind having more of it. Maybe it'll give me the courage to start speaking my heart and mind about things that i haven't even been able to admit out loud to myself yet. Any tips?

3 comments:

Grace said...

I will make you a deal..you comment on mine,I will comment on yours! I hate it when I spend an hour blogging my heart out and then a week goes by and no stinkin comments..ahhh! I now am going to be known as,THE BLOG WHORE!

Mike said...

seriously, Grace is such a blog whore. Of course she has to be the first to comment. SHEESH!

But even more seriously, dude, comment on anyone's blog you like. If they are publishing on the world wide interweb, its public, so you are reading it, so you can write on it. Most bloggers welcome comments, even from randoms. Thats my 4 cents.

Also, my Word Verification word (as Angelle awesomely pointed out) is:
bimps!

BIMPS!!

Erica Lynn said...

Seriously .. don't be afraid to post comments on anybody's site .. they can always delete them :) And dont be offended if they do .. the interweb is a very strange place. One site I visit rarely but find myself enjoying it every time I do is Dooce, she wrote this post a few weeks ago, about some of the emails that strangers have left her about her site. Its seriously nuts what people will say to people they dont know. http://www.dooce.com/2008/03/20/exclamation-point-long-overdue-edition
Anyways as long as you're not nuts and have some positive words to share, I believe nobody would mind having you read & comment on their site :)