Thursday, October 22, 2009

Flour Baby!

From babycenter.com:
"Is it normal to feel clumsy during pregnancy?
Yes. Many women feel ungainly when they're pregnant, particularly in their last few months."
Well, this is rediculous...

I decided to make pumpkin bread. (This recipe sans the clove.)After over an hour and a half of cutting, cooking, peeling and pureeing the pumpkin, adding the eggs, sugar, oil, and water, then maticulously measuring the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, etc I opened the cabinet above my dry mix to put my flour away when a can of Tomato Basil soup decided to escape the cabinet and PLOP! directly into my flour mix. As you can see, flour went EVERYWHERE. I really wish I had a camera on me because it was probably effing hilarious. But now, after all that measuring, i don't know how much flour and spices I just lost. So what do I do? I sweep the floor, then measure the dirty stuff (over 1/2 a cup!). Then I just remove a 1/2 a cup of the wet stuff, mix and bake! It turned out SO GOOD. :)
The loaf is still in the oven, but I had a bit left, so I made a dozen mini muffins and they turned out YUMMY!

3 comments:

Angelle said...

I am impressed at your MacGuyver attitude toward fixing the recipe. Good thing they still came out yummy after all the hassle.

Mandi said...

There was NO way i was going to waste all that time, money, and swollen ankles! Seriously, though - you should try this recipe - SO YUMMY.

Garret said...

Well, I had to reread a little bit of your post to make sure you didn't sweep the floor and add it back into the mix. :-)