Monday, May 12, 2008

Fender Bender

As I was yielding to the on ramp to get onto the Interstate on Thursday morning, I heard the unmistakable *CRUNCH*. I, of course, got hit.

CRAP. I look in my rear view mirror to see this big ass Isuzu commercial truck staring at me.

The guy comes over to make sure I'm OK. I am; we were completely stopped, so you can only accelerate so much before being stopped by the trunk of my civic. I was pissed, but quite calm due to the fact that I've been through a few fender benders before and I've become quite the expert. I did let a few expletives slip after seeing my poor car's rear end.

I had to call work and make sure someone will be there to open the branch, and call the police because this guy is calling his boss instead.

An hour later, I'm driving to work in my gimp car. After I took those pics with my phone, the Genius in me decides to try and open the trunk. Oh, it easily opens without the need of a key, and I have to just wedge it shut because it will NOT re-latch. I get all the way home without it opening, pull into my neighborhood and POP! the innards of my trunk decide to flash everyone on Sunbeam Rd. I grab some bungee cord and put my car together (if only i had duct tape!).

So, yeah, I'm THAT guy until Friday morning. I drive out of my neighborhood and POP! My voyeur of a car starts waiving to everyone again. The bungee cord broke. OH what the hell, I was not that far from the auto shop anyway, so i just let my civic have another mile of flapping up and down at the whim of every little blemish in the road.

Luckily, the Isuzu has good insurance. So while my car is getting a rear-lift, I'm loving life driving a BRAND new 2008 Accord. (When I got it it only had 30 miles on it!) It's sweet-ass-sweet. And the new car smell is intoxicating... I hope they take their time with the repairs.

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

That sucks! Glad you are ok though! Ahhh, new car smell, nothing like it!