Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Friday Night

After Thursday and Friday's roller coaster, I decided on Friday night that I needed beer. What I really wanted to do was go smoke hookah, but i couldn't find anyone to go with me, so i came home without plans. Barry was hanging out with the guys, and my roommate came home with nothing to do as well, so I pulled out Tyler's Ultimate Book and went straight to the dessert section. Nothing like baking desserts to unwind after a stressful week. I settled on Chocolate Cracked Earth, so we trekked to Winn Dixie for some ingredients (and beer!). Well, lo and behold! Edy's ice cream was on sale. We get to the check out counter, each with a 6 pack of beer and a 1/2 pint of ice cream in our hands. I know the sweet cashier must have seen the desperation of a woman on a mission to de-stress on my face, because she carded me! WOOT! I thanked her and proudly showed her my ID.

After we got home, we made the cake together while drinking and enjoying conversation and listening to music. (It reminded me of my college days with Angelle and Laurie -awww). It was the perfect solution to a stressful week: beer, baking, conversation, beer, music, then delicious chocolate cake, beer, and ice cream.

The End.

5 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

Cake, ice cream, and beer? Seriously?

Whatever gets you through, my dear.

(PS: I'm not a baker, but that Cracked Earth dessert looks yummy, and I have that book! Who knows... maybe I'll give it a whirl.)

Angelle said...

Save me some cake, ice cream, music, and conversation. :) I will pass on the beer.

Mandi said...

Alix, I read on Food Network's website that it really only needs 1 stick of butter, not the 2 that it calls for in the book. I used 2 and that might be why it took over twice as long for the cake to bake.

Angelle, there's always room for you! See you in a month! YAY!

Garret said...

Uhhhhhh freakin' yum!

Garret

Garret said...

Ummmm and Alix is not allowed to make such fattening stuff!