Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ahhhh....

Guess who's baby slept through the night last night? 

MINE! :)

Alexsa went down at her normal 10:00 last night.  It took her a bit to get to sleep, finally drifting at around 10:30, but when my alarm woke me up at 6:45 instead of my baby, a big smile came across my face.  Sure she made little noises here and there, but nothing crazy.  So on the night of her 8 week birthday, she gave me an awesome gift: almost 8 full hours of sleep.

I had a theory that I was waking her up too early to feed... I'd hear her every morning between 3 and 5 making inking noises like she was waking up so I'd pick her up, change her diaper and feed her.  I never wanted her to wake up so much that she would start crying and wake up Barry.  However she never seemed too interested and would only latch for about 15 minutes before puckering her lips.  So last night I put it in my mind that i'd let her go a bit longer and see what happened.  I don't even remember her making too much noise at all.  I actually did my 'middle of the night feed' at 7am this morning.  She ate well, I put her back down and got ready for work.  Barry said she didn't wake up again until 10:45!  WOW!

Lets see if we can make this a habit. :)

2 comments:

Angelle said...

That is SOOOO awesome. Your girl is such a sweetheart to her mommy. And I wanna hear more about balancing work and being a mom.

Jessie said...

That is awesome! I remember when Teagan slept for the first night. I actally woke up scared and ran in her room to make sure she was still breathing! Congrats, isnt it the greatest feeling! 8 weeks, that is pretty awesome!