Thursday, April 15, 2010

Two Month Wellness Check

Alexsa had her 2 month check up yesterday.  Her Chunk-a-Monk status has been demoted.  She is in the 75th percentile for height and 25th for weight! (her head is 50%) So I guess now she's Skina-Monk. :)

She is happy and healthy - and the doctor was happy.  We have to be better about giving her tummy time - her head is pretty flat and her arms aren't as strong as they could be, but other than that we're good!

We are going to spread out her vaccines, so she only got 1 shot (HiB).  I'm glad for it, because it was so heartbreaking to see her cry in pain. This was the first time she got hurt.  I got choked, but didn't cry.  I think Barry was hurting more than me - he actually took her from me when she was crying.  She goes back on May 6th for another vaccine, but Daddy will be taking her to that one. I can't believe that some doctors are ok with shooting 2 month olds up with up to 8 different vaccines in 1 day! Talk about chemical overload, not to mention the war that the little one's immune system has to wage, creating ALL those antibodies at once!  Sure we'll have to pay a co-pay for each visit, but at least if she has a reaction we'll know why. I'm so grateful we found our doctors. (This is a no-judgement zone, so if you chose a different route for your children, I understand!)

We got home from her appointment about 3:30/4:00, which is usually when she's waking up from her afternoon nap.  She was very quiet while Barry and I ate dinner, but never actually fell asleep for more than a few minutes at a time.  By the time 8:00 rolled around, she was SO tired, I decided to try and feed her one more time and put her down.  She wasn't interested in me at all, so i changed and swaddled her and put her in her crib. She was asleep almost instantly. 
Because she went down so early, i was preparing myself to wake up about 4.  The cats found a bell toy around 3, which got me up to put it in a drawer (GRRRR), then I was up about 6:15.  She still wasn't making a sound - I almost had Barry check on her, but she made a peep or two, so i relaxed until my alarm went off. Just as I was getting ready to pick her up to feed, she started stirring - about 6:50.  My baby slept for over 10 hours. WOW.

1 comment:

Angelle said...

You guys are such conscientious parents. I have SO much respect and admiration for your research and ultimately, your decisions. Lots of love.