Thursday, September 6, 2007

Scary Moment...

So, after Barry and I came back home from dinner last night I noticed that our front door was open - again. I said "Barry! You left the door unlocked again!" So he went and locked it. As I was going to bed i checked it one more time and noticed it was only 1/2 turned, so i went to click it all the way. It wouldn't budge. This is strange because it's a brand new house and it always clicked right into place so easily. So i opened the door to see what was wrong. Our entire door jamb was kicked in! Between 3:00 on Friday and last night, some one tried to break in to the house! We didn't notice it earlier because we never use that front door. So, at 11:00 last night, i'm calling the police to file a report. It took him an hour to get there, but when he came he gave us the police report said there's not much he can do. He called it Criminal Mischief. I'm half wondering if my neighbor's friends were drunk off their asses and fell into the door, because there aren't any foot prints on the door itself. I'll post pics after i take them for the insurance people tonight. I'm soo grateful that the dead bolt did what it was supposed to do. We had Barry's laptop just sitting out on the coffee table. Luckily the boys (my kitties) were at our friend's house over the weekend. We are definitely going to start settng the alarm from now on. we've been idiots not doing it so far.

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Wow, how scary! Glad you guys are ok! Will insurance pay for the door?

Mandi said...

I hope so! I still have to give them a call.

Angelle said...

Freaky! I wonder how long it was like that without you noticing. Glad nothing was taken. :)