Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bro-In-Law Visit

It's been a while since I've just posted a 'what-I've-been-up-to' post, so here ya go:

This past weekend Barry's brother, Willie, visited us from NYC. Every time he comes to town we always end up doing some fun and exciting things, not to mention a lot of great eating. Friday night we went to my favorite Italian restaurant, Sorbello's. If you're a resident of Orange Park/Jacksonville, you've more than likely heard of this place. It is the best Italian I've had outside of Italy itself - it's almost like going back! The best part is that the owners are friends with Barry's family, so its a great "Cheers" kinda place (They always know your name!)

Saturday I think we just lounged around the house most of the day. Whenever Willie comes, he always brings us goodies from NYC, and this time was no exception. He brought us a huge slab of Katz pastrami, 3 pounds of char sui (Chinese BBQ pork), some Chinese roasted duck, a pound of Katz hot dogs, and a big ol' tub of Katz deli mustard. YUM-O. If you're not familiar w/ Katz, its just the best damn kosher deli in NYC, if not the world! The pastrami melts in your mouth like butter... I digress. We didn't go out Saturday because we had plenty to eat at the house. Sat night we went and saw The Ugly Truth. It was really funny and not your typical romantic comedy. Oh! and I made Chocolate Cracked Earth again, too. :)

We also introduced Willie to RedBox. They don't have these in NY yet, so he was just amazed at how cheap and easy it is to rent movies. So throughout the weekend, we watched Miracle at St. Anna (very interesting movie) and Knowing (very good :))

I took Monday off, since he wasn't leaving until Tuesday. We decided to head down to Kennedy Space Center. I hadn't been since i was a little kid, so it was really great to visit! I took some pics, so as soon as my lazy ass gets around to it, I'll post them. :)

1 comment:

Garret said...

Cape Canaveral, here we come!