Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy 4 months!

Alexsa is 4 months today! 
Click here here and here for her chair comparisons. :)

When they say it goes by fast, they weren't kidding.  You are growing so fast!  You're 4 month wellness check isn't until Monday, so we'll talk about your stats then. :)  Daddy is still watching you while I work.  Its so hard for me to only see you a few hours a day!  Every day is a countdown to the weekend where I get to spend 2 whole days with you.  I  love seeing your smile when I walk in the door and hear your laugh.  I don't know what it is that you find so funny sometimes! Maybe one day you can let me in on the joke. :)

You have started to become such a rolly polly!  You can roll both ways, going from front to back first, then just a week later going from back to front! Now, you'll roll all over the house if i let you.

You are enjoying being held a lot more than you used to, and i love it because you cling to me.  I love that you feel so safe in my arms. Its such an amazing feeling that I think only other mothers can know. Maybe in 25 years you can say to  me "I know what you were talking about." when you hold your own child.  I'll look forward to that moment with you.

You are starting to grasp at things, but not quite get everything yet.  You can, however, hold your rag dolls very well.  You also like to slobber all over them. In fact, you like to slobber on everything!  We're wondering if you're starting to teethe.  Dad finds it disgusting, but he doesn't hold it against you.  (It doesn't bother me so much.)

You are still very much attached to your binky when you are tired or after you eat.  You'll wake up a few times a night just because your bink fell out, but other than that you're sleeping through the night.  Which  means you go about 12 hours at night between feedings. 

Speaking of feeding, Alexsa, you are very consistent in eating every 3 hours during the day.  You aren't a fan of my boobs anymore, only feeding for a few minutes before you want the bottle.  Its pretty understandable, since my production has gone WAY down.  It takes me all day of pumping to make 1 meal of mommy milk for you.  Its definitely not what we planned, but we have to roll with the punches and do what we can to keep you as healthy as we can.

I'm feeling bittersweet about the boob thing.  One one hand, it really sucks that I can't nourish you the way I want to.  I just hope you don't suffer from it when you're older.  On the other hand, I really enjoy feeding you from the bottle and knowing you're getting your fill.  It is also SO much easier to be able to be on the go and just mix some formula for you, and not having to carry my pump AND your diaper bag around everywhere we go.

I think that's it for now, Baby Girl.  As you lay in your crib sleeping, I hope you're having sweet dreams. I love you!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Awww...! Now I am crying!! I love watching Alexsa grow, and I love watching you grow as a mother, Mandi :)

PS- my word verification is "mating"