Thursday, June 3, 2010

Have You Lost Weight?

For the last 5 years or so, people who haven't seen me for a while always ask me if I've lost weight. The kicker is: most of the time, I feel I've gotten fatter since the last time they've seen me. Because of my pregnancy I hadn't heard the fateful question in over a year, but now I'm hearing it again: "Wow, you're looking great!" "Look at you!" "You are really toning up!" etc etc.  Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate the compliments. But I am doing NOTHING when it comes to activity. I wake up, I work, I come home and spend a few short hours with Alexsa before putting her to bed and getting ready for the next day. My breast feeding (aka pumping) can't be burning that many calories; I'm not producing enough milk for it to be a significant factor. Sure, I'm a few pounds less than I was pre-pregnancy, but even people who see me on a daily basis are saying "You are just shedding those pounds, arent' you?" But really... I'm not. I mean...the question that burns in my mind is: Do people really imagine me fatter than I am? Or maybe I just wear clothes that make me fat and then once in a while I put something flattering on? (If that's the case, call Stacy and Clinton - STAT!)

1 comment:

Garret said...

Make up a diet craze and tell them how it's totally working.