Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SNS

     I've tried to get Alexsa to latch 4 times since we bought the SNS.  The first 3 times I put the SNS on, got it all taped up and sat with her to try and latch.  She wants NOTHING to do with me.  The last time (just tonight) my idea was to try and just get her to latch and then have Barry put the tube in her mouth and show her that food is coming.  She would just let my nipple rub on her mouth and she would keep those lips closed, then smiiile at me. Then she would get pissed and start wailing.  Grrrr....  Is it possible that she has un-learned how to breastfeed? 
     Because we spent the  money on this contraption, I'm going to keep trying for the week and maybe try and get an appointment with a lactation consultant.  Then I'm going to chalk it up to blaming Barry and I: we waited too long for this option. 
     With Alexsa not on the breast, I'm solely pumping.  However, my production is getting less and less because I don't have her stimulation, added to the fact that when we're out and about on the weekends, I'm not carrying my pump around and not pumping as much.  Today I maybe got 2 oz from the 2 pumping sessions at work.  And I drank ALOT today. Hopefully tomorrow will pick up a bit...

1 comment:

Eternal Lizdom said...

Boy do I wish I lived close by (not because I'm a weirdo stalker or anything, though). I would love to be able to help you out with this!

I haven't read through your blog to see if you've "tried everything" just yet...

But if it helps to know that I'm over here cheering you on... I'm totally cheering you on!!