Saturday, December 13, 2008

Can I Get a Witness?

On the way to the trails to go running this morning, the car in front of us ran the red light and T-boned an FJ cruiser. We immediately stopped and called 911. Barry ran over, along w/ 4 or 5others, to make sure the victims were ok, but i decided to stay back. I just had a refresher at the bank for Robbery training, so I knew that if i were going to be a valid witness that i would need to collect my memory and not talk to others to prevent skew the scene in my mind. It's a good thing we did because we were the last witnesses questioned and the other people had the cars REVERSED! The lady that ran the red light could've gotten away scott free (other than her broken arm) and the lady that went away in a stretcher could've been cited.

I'm glad we stopped. and the lesson of this story is: If you're a witness to something dramatic, refrain from doing the exciting thing and talk about it until you give your official statement!

1 comment:

Angelle said...

You did not tell me all this on the phone yesterday! Yikes!

How did the rest of your tri go? Details please.